When you can't decide on what color, choose them all! Opal is an absolutely timeless favorite. Strung effortlessly on a 16" wheat-style woven chain. The chain adds texture and lends a subtle luxury but does not take away from the brilliant color play of this boulder Opal, which exhibits every color in the spectrum. I've constructed a curved-back bezel cup to hug the natural shape of the stone in every way, including the natural undulating surface of the front of the stone. Don't miss out on this one-of-a-kind stunner!
Our model is also wearing the Freshwater Baroque Perfume Bottle pendant
Need this chain in a different length? We will tailor this item to your specifications. Reach out to email@example.com
- One-of-a-kind, this item cannot be duplicated
- Chain and Construction: solid 14K yellow gold, a blend of recycled and fairmined metal
- Gem: Boulder Opal
- Gem Origin: Queensland, Australia
- Ships in 3-5 days
- Boulder Opal occurs in veins inside of its host rock, ironstone. The stones are split along the veins, and the finished cut gems retain the natural untouched opal surface where the rock was split.
- Opal gets its color-play from the lattice-like crystal structure of silica molecules. It is the natural, irregular stacking of these molecules that gives each opal its unique color-presentation and character
- Boulder Opal is a favorite of mine not only for its beauty, but because it cant be gently extracted from the surface of the earth without destructive mining. Many opals are found in opal fields in the Australian outback and can be simply plucked from the ground.